Sunday, February 5, 2012

Marigny

I've spent the bulk of the past week working at Flora Cafe in the Marigny neighborhood. I love it here. It's low-key, the baristas are extremely nice, and sometimes Devin, the lady working behind the counter this afternoon, will take a break from the register and play piano in the back. There's a pleasant creative atmosphere here, and it's definitely established itself as my favorite place to work in New Orleans. They also make an extremely creditable black bean burrito.

Today as I was revising an article for the CBLDF there was the distant thump of a trombone, and then some drums. Next thing I knew, everyone in the cafe raced outside to watch the troupe marching our way. Here's what I saw:




Flora Cafe is located at 2600 Royal Street in New Orleans.

No comments: